Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 12][Town 05] House of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Might be worth mentioning the title of the map 'the Lair of Lassardrak' in the text and saying who Lessardrak is or might be!

It's great to see that the CWBP editors are still going strong on the entries!
    Ok. So who might it be?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I have no idea....make something up!!! Use your imagination!
    That's great, but I'd rather use yours. Seriously, I'll come up with something. Probably some mysterious being touched by the dark gods (hence the undead) and some other creepy stuff.

Or maybe just an enigma that no one knows for sure if he really exists or not.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Might want to check with GamerPrinter - that was his creation wasn't it? He may have some more info for it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Who is Lhessadrak

Since I didn't develope a religion or chose a deity to worship, I figure that's up to Ravs and the developers of his nation, however, whichever evil greater power there is in the CWBP world, with something to do with the undead, Lhessadrak was a human follower while alive, and became the greatest and only pontiff of that dark church.

Throughout his life, he desired immortality and prayed for such on a daily basis to his dark master, having discovered a secret meeting that planned who would be the next pontiff, when Lhessadrak passes beyond was too much. He chose to sacrifice those having this discussion in a great ritual to summon the wisdom of his deity, and learned the secret to Lichdom.

After a decade gathering the material components necessary to create the poison to kill/tranform him into a lich, Lhessadrak performed the ritual and is now still the only pontiff of that church, since he first took the role over 1300 years ago.

His church and followers had been ostracized from their original home (which has not been recorded.) They learned that an unnatural druidic rite had been in the swamp region in the south, and sought to establish a demonic stronghold there. Lhessadrak's predecessors built the temple fortress.

After achieving Lichdom, Lhessadrak, made the temple his permanent home.

One thing to note, despite being an evil church, and one that deals with undead, the church has a largely lawful alignment protocol regarding actions outside the church. Lhessadrak has formed agreements with non-followers that he upholds on his side, of course loopholes and contract breaches will bring his full dark wrath on those who do not follow the letter of the contracts.

What else do you want to know?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

We do have a deity for the undead in the pantheon, Dyrge - though he can be known by different names depending on the region. He has both living undead as clergy so Lhessadrak would fit right in.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I agree, Dyrge and Lhessadrak are a good fit.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Sounds like we've got a new project for 12rounds.

Thanks, GP, for the insight. Your description fits nicely with the image I had in my mind, and that he's a lich only makes it sweeter.

There will probably end up being two separate wiki entries out of this: one for Lhessadrak's house/temple, and one for Lhessadrak himself. In fact, I know there will be... because I'm going to create them right now.

-IG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast