Thread: Hi All

Default Hi All

Hey, I am really really new to map making. As in, no experience at all. But I hope to learn a lot here.

My main purpose is to create a world map for a radio serial that I am currently producing called The World of Lux. I am great with audio but would love some more visual things to go with it. The artwork in the thumbnail was done by a friend for free and my art skills are less than adequate...

BUT

First glances at this website show some great tutorials that walk you through so much and I especially like the more technical and mathematical approaches. So, by the end of the month I hope to have something that I am comfortable with and would be proud to attach to the brand. So, check back later where you'll hopefully see some great improvement.

Sent.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome!

It's great to see you're so motivated for improvement. We do have some great tutorials here that can help you get started. But always remember to have fun mapping, and it's hardly going to be enjoyable if you ever feel you have to force yourself to do it. Plus, I find the best maps are made by those who love mapping the most.

If you're like me, you probably don't want to make any deadlines for yourself either

Good luck
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Welcome to the Guild Sentenial!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh