Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 11] The City States of Akron

Map [Region 1][Map 11] The City States of Akron

Place-holder thread, a little early I know, and a show of what I've managed to get done so far ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City States of Akron.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	656.1 KB 
ID:	5342  
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Cool, I like your work, and already see areas on your map I need to adjust on my map (so as to ensure they mesh).
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Cool, I like your work, and already see areas on your map I need to adjust on my map (so as to ensure they mesh).
    I can see the Harbour Keep as a rebellious province of the City of Akron.

Akron is a sheltered harbour and port city. Harbour Keep was the guard-house of the straits, keeping the trade routes open. However, agents of the Sais Kingdoms to the North have subverted the loyalty of Harbour Keep and it has rebelled, joining the Kingdom of Sherldon. Akron is now suffering as its trade is now dependent on the good will of the Thane of Sherldon and the Jarl of Harbour Keep.

Could someone (Redrobes?) check the borders and whether I've got the line ups correct. I think I have, but I think I may have got a little too far out to sea to get some room on the map for labels etc.
    Last edited by Valarian; 07-19-2008 at 05:53 AM.
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I can see the Harbour Keep as a rebellious province of the City of Akron.

Akron is a sheltered harbour and port city. Harbour Keep was the guard-house of the straits, keeping the trade routes open. However, agents of the Sais Kingdoms to the North have subverted the loyalty of Harbour Keep, and it has rebelled, joining the Kingdom of Sherldon. Akron is now suffering as its trade is now dependent on the good will of the Thane of Sherldon and the Jarl of Harbour Keep.

Could someone (Redrobes?) check the borders and whether I've got the line ups correct. I think I have, but I think I may have got a little too far out to sea to get some room on the map for labels etc.
    Oooooooo, I get chills
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Map A little further south ...

I've added in some client towns and villages for Akron (as yet unnamed). Extending the mapped area a little bit more to the south, we discover another of the city states.

Jerat is another port city built on trade. This could be why the region is rich and the residents of the region not too sympathetic to the plight of those further to the east. The city states in the region are merchants, using mercenary forces and ships to keep their trade going ....

Views:	255 
Size:	698.9 KB 
ID:	5361  
    Last edited by Valarian; 07-23-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Highlighting background for the region

Map Nearly there .....

More mapped area, including the city of Raedis.
    Raedis is a lesser state, not as large or as grand as Akron or Jerat. However, its placement makes it the gateway to the east and trading ships skirting the Akron coastline stop off at Raedis on their way toward the ports of the eastern nations.

Also included is an area known as The Lakes, a cluster of small settlements around a series of lakes to the east of the mountains. The area is independent of the city states, with no tribute owing to any of the city states in the Akron region. Each settlement defends its independence vigorously, but there is a loose alliance between them. Lakton is the largest settlement in the area.

Views:	535 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	5426  
    Last edited by Valarian; 08-28-2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Highlighting background for the region

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Lookin pretty sweet so far, no critiques just kudos.

I think you should explode that scale bar, change the red to the same blue as either your sea or the color you've used for "Torgian Sea", and change the font of "Scale in Miles" to match your small labels.

Or, if you wanted to really dig into it, you could try to make the bar match your neatline--that'd look very nice, I think.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Good idea, the scale bar sticks out and jars a little at the moment. I'll try and blend it in with the surround. The bars on the outside should be scaled, by the way. Each of the surrounding bars is 50 miles, according to the scale on the current scale bar. Is this too big? How big are these map sections supposed to be? It may be that I have to change the scale bar to reflect different distances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast