Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 15] - Jaiyat Highlands

Run that by Delgondahntelius, probably. I'm not sure how much influence he's planned for the plague to have on Khossus
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

OK, placeholder version...rivers and some settlements marked. The coloured layer is just to make it not be white for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region 15.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	5392  

Blog Entries

That map is a great and I added it to my view of the world. Its a nice hole to fill in on the tiled array. Theres some discontinuities with neighbors tho. I don't think its your fault or anyones in particular but if you are able to shift a few bits at your early stages then it might look a bit better overall.

Last edited by Redrobes; 07-23-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Damn! I wonder how that happened?

I'll try to get it fixed this week.

ETA: Even stranger, you seem to have stretched the square and clipped off the top of it. What happened to the bit that says "Qashya Steppe" at the top? That makes it fit substantially better -- though not perfectly, but I don't want to fix that until I know what's going on with the tiling.
    Last edited by octopod; 07-24-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopod View Post
    you seem to have stretched the square and clipped off the top of it. What happened to the bit that says "Qashya Steppe" at the top? That makes it fit substantially better -- though not perfectly, but I don't want to fix that until I know what's going on with the tiling.
    Mega whoops on my part and apologies. When I saved the image and cut it slightly the image scrolled off the top when I thought I was looking at the whole thing. It looks much better now.

Phew. You had me worried there. Thanks. I just fixed the little remaining mismatches.

Hey there, since I'm right below your tile, I was wondering if you had any ideas on our border. You matched the river perfectly, but I noticed that there's some mountains (the white part) on the southern end of yours. I'm thinking I made a mistake when making my mountains, and was wondering if you'd like me to edit mein? That might also semi-seclude my northern part, so that I can keep it dead and stuff. Really I can do whatever you'd like, I didn't really 'use' that place in my thinking, mapping, or I guess at all...
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Yeah, I think you missed a mountain ridge where that white stuff is. I suspect that's what the brown part on your northern border is supposed to be.

It's your call whether to put it in -- I'd kinda like to have you seclude the part labeled "Plaguelands" on your map, just because that's what I wrote my description for, but I guess I can always change my mountains if you'd rather keep it as is. It doesn't seem that we're sticking too closely to the original height map anyhow.

Also, did you already have a name for that river? 'Cause I named it already, plus populated it with lizardfolk, but it's easy for me to change it if you like.

Thanks very much!

Ya I'm just going to add in those mountains, hopefully during the weekend. It'd probably be better to seclude that area anyways, makes for a good 'adventuring' zone, and easily covered up by that they were very susceptible to the plague, and died or left the area. Don't have a name for that particular river, no one in my region even remembers it if there was one, so I'll just use yours instead
    Last edited by Airith; 07-25-2008 at 12:59 AM.
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

OK, here's the latest version. One has the contour lines, the other doesn't -- which one do you like better?

Next: 3D effects! Maybe.

Airith, that's awesome, thanks. Hope this map is helpful for your mountain placement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	611.6 KB 
ID:	5479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	5480  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast