Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP Mist Continent

Wip WIP Mist Continent

After finding my Final Fantasy 9 game, I've been playing it for quite a bit. As such I've remembered why I like the world, and wanted to draw something from it. After finding that the only map of the world is the World Map in the game, decided I would try drawing the mist continent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff2.png 
Views:	406 
Size:	686.4 KB 
ID:	59590

Oh very nice! Glad I didn't start with this one... I literally did consider starting to draw Mist Island this morning. I chose something else instead. Yours looks better than mine would have anyway. I'm excited to see it progress!

Thanks, it's one of my favourite game worlds just for the variety of environments. Also it means I get to try and draw miniature versions of lindblum and alexandria.

Very nice start! Love those mountains.

Thanks

Added more to the mountains, forgot how mountainous the continent is. Also started to add some icons for the main areas for the world. Trying to keep the elements consistent by using the same brush size, negative side to this is I can't add too much detail to them.

Name:	ff4.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	59611

The biggest mountainous area of the map is done, still got to add everything into the basin. More icons have been drawn including the village of dali.

Name:	ff6.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	59647

I have to say that I really love your mountains! And you map look way better than it used to be in FF9. It's meant as a compliment even if the one in the game is pretty bad.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Ooh, very nice. As Azelor said, those are some pretty nice mountains.

Thanks I do like how the mountains have turned out. I do agree the in game map is difficult to read especially using it as a reference, luckily I was far enough in the game to enable me to view the locations.

Added the west side of the continent's mountains, also added some more icons. Went with Cleyra with out the wirlwind even though you never see it like that. One because I like a giant tree with a city living there, and two the tornado look without any cloud layer didn't look right.

Name:	ff9.png 
Views:	340 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	59669

Guild Novice

Excellent Mountains!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast