Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Spam Attack - and upcoming actions

I approve of these new measures. Good luck in the anti-spam arms race. It always boggles me that the spammers think that forcing themselves somewhere that they're explicitly not wanted will yield viable "customers". If someone kicked in your front door, tied you to a chair and stuffed a sock in your mouth, would you then feel inclined to buy anything from that person?

I have been a low activity lurker. Just looking at the pretty maps for the most part. Although I am also very slowly reading the various tutorials on this site. Perhaps I'll share some of my maps, but they're more examples of how to make crappy maps rather than how to make a map you'd want to show off!

There's no better way to go from "crappy" to "work of art" than by posting something here. The specific advice you'll get is worth paying for, and yet it's all offered free of charge. Take advantage!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Promotions have taken place. All users with more than 5 points have been given their private messaging capability.

What kinda bugs me is that out of 2000+ users...only 282 users have more than 5 posts. We gotta do something about all you lurkers!

Please post in this thread if there are any problems.
    What's wrong with us lurkers?

I am sure there is nothing wrong with lurkers, having been one myself, but , at least in my case, have found that I learn things from even those who start their post with "this is my first map".
    And look forward to learning from each new poster.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD473 View Post
    What's wrong with us lurkers?
    We're glad to offer map resources, tips, tutorials, maps to play with, etc - to everyone, including the lurkers. However... this is a FORUM afterall, forums require participation.

As SeerBlue says, you learn from every post.

Except lurkers don't post... we'd like your participation, please.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-22-2008 at 01:05 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

...and learning.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yeah if I have the nerve to put up a tutorial with the cr#p I've shown here, anybody can. Come on more pretty pictures. At the very least I will be there saying, "Ooh, cool! How'd you do that?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123