Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stable

Hugely improved Meek!
    - desaturated office floorboards on the daylight maps look amazing - great job.
    - your light looks excellent, particularly in the office. The sickly green tint is gone and now it looks natural.

My only comments are: I agree with you that the map would look just as good, perhaps even better, without the light. And the upstairs grid, while at least not aggressively unpleasant anymore, does clash with your floorboard texture. You need to find another way.

I'd use a grid of dashed lines in transparent white, instead of solid black on your second floor - to prevent the clash.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Member

Default Revision

A transparent white grid does work much better!! I am not sure how to quickly make the lines dashed instead of solid, but the transparent white works much better. Do you know how to make the lines dotted in GIMP? I just render a grid pattern, but it only does solid lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stable_Upstairs(Day with grid).jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	599.6 KB 
ID:	59230

I don't use GIMP, so am unsure if it can't easily do dashed lines. I use a vector app and dashed lines are built in. However, working with non-dashed lines of transparent white works - so stick with that.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Gimp (like several raster-based programmes) has a problem with dashed or dotted lines. It can be done, but you need to work against the programme, rather than with it: try googling 'dashed line GIMP' and you should find plenty of tutorials. It might be easier to use a very thin white line set at 70%-or-whatever opacity instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12