Thread: new guy

Guild Novice

Default new guy

Hello everyone, wannabe writer (another word I'm not published yet) ,as well as pencil and paper gamer, and I tried to make a map of a fantasy realm of mine. What happened was it turned into a lesson in frustration. I am in need of a map for me to better understand and visualize my realm, not to mention shove a whole lot of on.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Hello there

Just a hint from someone (read: me) considering himself as a guy with very little artistic Talent:
    Just look araound in the tutorail section. You will find lots of useful stuff there turning even someone with next to no talent into someone able to produce really awesome maps!

Welcome to the guild

Kind regards,
    Kai
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free Print and Play games

Welcome to the Guild siriuslupus! I agree with schattentanz, try out a few of the tutorials, you may surprise yourself with what you are able to accomplish.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

thanks arsheesh, do you know any thing about creating or modifing a map with statistical information, size of terrain or kingdom, or even of finding the size of a kingdom, like with a computer.

siriuslupus

Guild Novice

thanks for the welcome.

siriuslupus

Quote Originally Posted by siriuslupus View Post
    thanks arsheesh, do you know any thing about creating or modifing a map with statistical information, size of terrain or kingdom, or even of finding the size of a kingdom, like with a computer.

siriuslupus
    Well there are a couple of resources I would suggest, the first of which being Medieval Demographics Made Easy and the second of which being Cartographic Economics and Demographics. Both of these touch on the sorts of questions you are asking.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh