Thread: Hey, peoples!

Post Hey, peoples!

First off, the maps by a lot of the members of this forum are just awesome! I especially like Skenth, Eben and the City-Kingdoms of the Haréshk by Vorropohaiah.

Anyway, I'm predominantly a conlanger (a creator of fictional languages), and a user of the Zompist Bulletin Board and the Conlang Bulletin Board using the same username as I am here. Over the last few years I've been working mainly on a posteriori diachronic conlangs, usually Indo-European conlangs, some of which can be found here (I go under the name "wikim3"), all of which are set in an alternate timeline (althist) on Earth.

Recently I've been moving on to transferring what I've learnt from developing diachronic conlangs to a priori conlangs, but rather than setting them on Earth as I have done ine the past, for the first time in around 10 years I'm planning on creating a conworld to go with my conlangs.

And that brought me to the Cartographers' Guild. When it comes to conworlds, especially drawing them, I'm as close to the most amateur map-maker a person can get so my maps are pretty basic, so I'm here for both critiques from more skilled and knowlegdeable cartographers on the plausibility of my new conworld and to try and pick up some tips on to make a better drawn map

So, yeah, that's me and my hello, and with that I'll finish this post

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild, we have a lot of people here who are interested in fantasy languages.
    They fit right in as an important aspect of some maps.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing what you'll create for your con-world!

-fm
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Thank you very much for the welcome, foremost

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome aboard, and have fun here. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with...

Welcome to the Guild sangi39! Sounds like you may have a lot to contribute to the Toponymy and Linguistics section. Anyway, look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh