Thread: Hello from Miafeya

Default Hello from Miafeya

Hullo all,

I've been here for about a month but just been getting used to how it works, etc, so hadn't posted anything as yet.

I am a writer and have written a six book epic fantasy series (i'd post more but don't want to be seen to be promoting myself in the wrong place!) which has taken many years to put together and am now getting ready to independently publish the first book Dark Moon Rising. Thusly I need a fantasy map for Maioria, the world I created, which is why I am here .

I started learning how to use GIMP for numerous things about 6-7 months ago. Good for lots of stuff, I realised it was not suitable for me to create my own fantasy maps so I bought CC3. It's been quite a learning curve and I have spent an AGE trying to draw my map. After many months and several attempts I now have the continents in place and started adding nice details.

Unfortunately I realised I would also need to create a black and white map because turning the coloured map into B&W was not good enough (the novel is black & white). So now I have a black and white map for my book and a coloured one for my website. I would like to share my B&W map on here somewhere to see what people think and can advise upon. B&W can look a bit blocky really but overall I secretly enjoyed making the maps :p. They are quite addictive and much more creative than draining my brain in WoW.

Anyway, that's about it. Thank you for all the help you have posted on this site, it has been so very helpful .

Hullo & gb
    Miafeya

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! If you want feedback on your map(s), I'd suggest posting them in the Regional/World Mapping subforum (as opposed to the Finished Maps subforum, since you're asking for advice and might change facets of your work based on said advice).

Thanks for the help, Diamond.

Welcome to the Guild Miafeya! I wish you all of the best in publishing your book.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, arsheesh