Thread: Another map

Post Another map

Posting another regionish map.

This creation was only for practice so I doubt much more will happen with it

The rivers and lakes is a bit off, but please tell if they seem to unrealistic

Comments and critism is accepted with thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upload.png 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	5376  

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvstol View Post
    Posting another regionish map.

This creation was only for practice so I doubt much more will happen with it

The rivers and lakes is a bit off, but please tell if they seem to unrealistic

Comments and critism is accepted with thanks!
    Its blurry. Other than that, I like it.

What's with the dotted red line? Is that a border? Is it meant to be invisible/nonexistent in the mountains?

Where do those lakes drain to? "Even the loneliest river finds its way to the sea."

Nice style. I kinda would like to see what's outside the red line, too, though.

The red line is a political border, but I was not to satisfied with it therefore I tryed to make it disappear with some other features (like the mountains)

And I agree about the lakes that lacks and out- (and in) flow, something that will given more care in my later maps!!

Would it be a good idea to put some features on the other sides of the borders and fade them out with for example gaussian blur?

Must give credit to mr Andrew Law for the style. His warhammer maps is a great inspiration to me

Thanks to both of you for the comments

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I would second the motion to add details outside the border and further second the motion to blur them out or fade them out closer to the map edges or somehow reduce the opacity or lighten them with fades, blurs, etc.