Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulin

Wip Ulin

A group of game designers over in Germany approached me about using my Eriond map as the basis for a campaign setting they intend to publish. Since I don't really have any commercial intentions for this map (I created it for my own private campaign use) I agreed. They also needed to flesh out certain areas within the map, the first of which being the island of Ulin. So after a a break of about a couple of years I'm back to work on a section of my world. Here's the current WIP of the political map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ulin WIP 5.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	59226  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Cool, congratulations!

Since I'm from from Germany myself, I'm interested in which game this campaign will be for. Are you allowed to tell?

Those mountains look so incredibly amazing! Actually everything going there does, but those mountains blow me away.

It's pretty cool that they picked up Eriond for a world, but I can see why.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Wow, I love this map! How did you do those magnificent mountains?
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks great Arsheesh as usual.

Wow, this map looks awesome! Very much looking forward to the progress ... and any other maps you'll do in this style.
    And i always loved your Eriond map. On the one hand, i'm kind of sad that it will now be the playground of someone else...on the other hand, i'm very curious as to how they will fill the world.

If i can, i'll rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I love the way you manage the colors with this map, it's really at the benefit of the other elements. And your fine mountains are blending with the rest so efficiently!

Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    Cool, congratulations!

Since I'm from from Germany myself, I'm interested in which game this campaign will be for. Are you allowed to tell?
    The team I'm working with is apparently working for Paizo as translators for the German edition of Pathfinder. As a side project they want to develop a Pathfinder compatible campaign setting to write adventures for. Things are still in the early stages but I'll definitely post up some updates on this as things get closer to the point of actual publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Wow, I love this map! How did you do those magnificent mountains?
    Well this was actually an interesting challenge for me you see, one of the developers on their team has already played around with the Ulin map in order to begin fleshing out the region. In doing so they had grafted some actual satellite images of mountains onto the the map, and they wanted to keep these more or less intact in the final image. My task was to figure out how to do so while blending the surrounding terrain to match them. I did this by creating a height map in Wilbur, placing a layer mask over it, and then painting black over the regions of the Wilbur height map where the sat-mountains were (see below). Took some fiddling around to get it right, but I'm happy with the results. As to the Wilbur portion, for this attempt I used some techniques that Waldronate described in my Eriond tutorial thread (7th page in).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ulin Mock UP.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	59234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wilbur Height Map.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	59235  

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

*Speechless*

So beautiful…

Fantastic work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast