Thread: Print maps in high resolution

Default Print maps in high resolution

¡¡Hello everybody!!

I´ve made my first map en cc3 and i want to convert it in a PNG file with a high quality. I can´t do it. I have been triying to do it with the PDF creator and always, when i open de PNG file... is all in white. Like a white paper. I don´t know what to do. If i save it directly from cc3, the quality is bad :S

¡¡Help me please!!

PD: Sorry for my english, maybe it´s not all correct xD

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Hey,
    I've no idea how CC3 works but I would just ask why it is so important to create a PNG file. Did you try with another extension? Like TIFF, which is usually the very extension used for pro hi-res files.
    Settings with no compression, no layers. Give it a try

Btw, what's your native language? Syntax tells me you're french. Am I right?

As far as I know, CC3 only exports BMP and JPG, and it only wants to export 72 dpi. I think it can export higher resolution, but poorly and takes a long time to export - at least in my experience. It does not export PNG. CC3 native file format is problematic. I run a digital print shop and run CC3 just to print CC3 native files, though I prefer 200 dpi JPG at least.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Dain, so close, i´m Spanish haha

I´ve tried to export it to JPEG and nothing, white paper again. The same with TIFF. Both at 72 dpi

GamerPrinter, i´ve tried rigth know doing the same way you do, and it takes too long to save the file. The quality es better, so much better, but it takes to long and meanwhile, my computer doesn´t work xD

Thanks for your answers!!

You should be able to save a PNG file directly from CC3 by using File>>Save As. Select "PNG Bitmap File" as the "Save As type" entry. Then click the "Options" button and enter a fairly large value in the "Width" and "Height" entries. Then use OK and Save to create the file. I was able to save an 8000x6000 file without a problem just now.

As you alluded to, though, the most common technique is to print to a PDF printer and then do whatever is needed from there. CC3 is a vector program with some bitmap capability, so it should give clean results through a PDF without problem.

I really hope that the next major revision of CC3 (CC4?) will support a rendering library that moves work onto the GPU to allow for texturing filtering other than nearest neighbor and for nice antialiasing on the vector elements.