Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November/December 2013 Lite Challenge: Kessila

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I love the color there The white highlight is a bit strong for my taste, it draws the eye when focus should be on the city… unless you plan to detail the Acropolis to an even higher level.

Guild Journeyer

Default Plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    I love the color there The white highlight is a bit strong for my taste, it draws the eye when focus should be on the city… unless you plan to detail the Acropolis to an even higher level.
    I agree, the white turned out a little too intense in that one, but I feel like the layout still has some evolving to do.

I got a little distracted by plans this weekend, but it was fun. I think all the plans need another pass before they are presentable (especially the market buildings in the lower left). The larger and odd-shaped lots still need to be done and it could use a little more variation, but there is enough that the rhythm is starting to emerge. Still debating on the theatre, I started drawing one in but the shape did not feel right. Another issue is the paving of the plaza areas, not sure how I want that to look yet (the central plaza is screaming for some Piazza del Campidoglio type treatment).

Next I want to take a break from plan stuff and work on the sketch, emblems and filling in the layout. I already tried the emblems once and did not like what I came up with, so worst-case scenario I may turn them into shields.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kessila5-1.gif 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	59622

Guild Journeyer

Default Quick Update

Many parts have been started, but none are finished. I finally made an emblem that I did not dislike, so the remaining two should be quick additions. I am debating my geometric border detail, but I think it will look better once I darken the border elements. The sketch is a little further along that you see here. I will be sketching this using a mouse (something I have not done in about 10 years) since I no longer have a working scanner. We will see how it turns out. The bigger circle under the sketch was supposed to be a notched metal disc-looking thing that doubled as a north arrow, but I have not yet been able to find a look I like. Unless I can get it to work quickly, I will probably just add a floating north arrow. There are still about a dozen plans to be made in the city, and if there is time I would like to put in a little more variety. Finally, some odd things are happening to the colors of the topo when I turn this into a .jpg, so I need to sort that out as well. Hopefully adding some textures will help mask things if I can't figure it all out in time.

I am excited to finally start seeing this look done-ish.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kessila5-2b.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	59671

Guild Journeyer

Default Another one not quite done...

Well, looks like I need to work on getting these done by the deadline, I guess I tend to get caught up exploring areas that I probably don't absolutely need to, but at this stage I think spending time learning these things will help me develop a faster process in the future.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	finalpres3-4.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	59743

The sketch is the only thing not close to done, the rest is at least somewhere in the ballpark of done-ish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12