Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Norderland -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	59278

Well it's been a long time since I have drawn a finished map, and even a longer time since I posted to this forum but I thought I might as well go ahead and post this particular map here.

Basically this is a hand-drawn map (ink & coloured pencil) of Josh Walcher's novel set in the world of Norderland, adapted from another map, found here: http://i.imgur.com/eFnDudW.jpg

Took me the better part of my afternoon this past Friday to complete. Hopefully this gets me back in the mapping mood and I can start posting a little more consistently.

Please let me know your thoughts and criticisms, I appreciate it.
    Cheers!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Lovely colors! The individual elements could use a little more neatness, but overall it's quite beautiful

Thanks man! I appreciate it, and I agree there are some elements that I need to refine and take some more time on getting right such as my writing.

Also I checked out your portfolio website, and was really impressed. The reason I mention this is cause I've always had it in the back of my mind of doing something similar after I was commissioned to do a few maps for friends and ending up selling a few. So I'm just curious about the process and your experience with setting up the site. Did you do it yourself or get outside help to set it up? Thanks again.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks, glad you like my site I made it in iWeb, it's not the ultimate app so to speak but it does the trick for me There's not much to say about the process really, I painted the map sections at the top like I would paint any map, made the logo in Photoshop, and then assembled it and wrote the text. IWeb is really easy to use, so unless you have that app I didn't really learn anything worth sharing

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look into iWeb. If I'm looking to make the site myself I'm definitely looking for something simple and straightforward, so it may be an option.

I really like the your illustration style. It reminds me a bit of Tolkien, but it's definitely original. Nice job.

I like the idea of the white-green-yellow transition. It's very efficient and pleasant for locating climate/regions.

Map is beautiful meng, needs a little more refinement, besides that awesome job! keep up the posts.

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Anything in particular you would look to refine specifically? I'm always looking to improve in areas that I can.