Thread: Map for a Fantasy novel.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Map for a Fantasy novel.

Introduction:

Hi everybody. I am an Italian writer and I am writing the fifth novel of a Fantasy Saga in the world of Nocturnia. I am a self publisher and you can have a look to my web site www.stefanolanciotti.it/fantasy.html.
    In the first 4 novels I have edited the maps myself with "Campaign Cartographer" but I am no artist and I feel that from now on I have to insert a professionally created map of the world.

[subject]

This is the map that I have used for the world, but it is partial, meaning that in this novel the story will uncover a larger part of the world. So this won't be the whole map, but only the center of the new map. The requested map will show a whole continent with a sea and a part of another continent on the other side. Only one of the two continents will be detailed. I will send you a sketch when all locations are defined.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nocturnia 2012.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	59363

[Style]

It should look like an ancient map, with a nice parchment. I really like this, but suggestion are welcome (if you suggest something different, please always attach or link a similar map).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aronbor_revisited_by_ramah_palmer-d3b2g56.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	59364

[Quality & size]

It must be a nice map. Something that people like the look at on and on. For the size I really do not know. As far as I am concerned it must fit in a page of an ebook, but again I am no expert.

[Time constraints]

I am still writing the novel and it will be published next spring. Up to now I do not even have the full details for the entire map, but I want to take my time to choose the artist and to be confident that when needed he/she will perform an excellent job.

[Copyrights]

-I have to have the right to use the map as I prefer. The novel is foreseen as an ebook but later I could decide to print it or whatever.

[payment]

Please include in the reply quotation and how/when to pay.

Contact ONLY (do not post here because I cannot receive private messages):
    Stefano Lanciotti
    stefano [at] stefanolanciotti.it
    use as subject "Application for Mapping" for the mail.

when you first contact me please put in some of your previous works, or link to a gallery of your works. Please also add a quotation and an extimate of the time needed to finish the job.
    Last edited by Korash; 11-29-2013 at 05:22 PM.