Thread: First Post - Enochian World Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post First Post - Enochian World Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newenochia.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	59366

Hello all. This marks my first post on this forum. This is a map I created in Photoshop for a campaign I'm running. Advice and critique welcome.

Impressive first post!

I really like the distinct differences in biomes and labelling. I also enjoy the general shape of the landmass, reminds me somewhat of Eurasia. However I feel you could improve on some of the detail in the land mass, most importantly topographic changes such as mountains and hill and perhaps adding some rivers. Also I feel you could define your shorelines a little better, something that will add more contrast.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Nice work. You've achieved "vivid without neon", if that's what you were shooting for.

Question it makes me ask is "why's all the terrain the same roughness?" Your texture seems like it's supposed to be landforms, but are there really no plains and no hills/mountains, only rough wilderness? Are the colors biomes, or some other significance? Too, with that much visual detail I'd kind of expect to see drainage indications, at least somewhere.

And welcome to the Guild - a map in the first post is worth a smidgen of rep, even if it weren't also a pretty one!

Thanks for the critique. To be honest, I'm still feeling my way around this. I'll take your words to heart.

Blog Entries

Your compass is very interesting. I'm
    surprised no-one else has mentioned
    it. You also have some pretty
    interesting names.

As the others have stated, your map
    is fairly simple (which is fine for a first
    go). It thus lacks rivers and elevation.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Yes, I like the compass too. And by the way it is an impressive first post I think. Perhaps you could also add borders to the different countries?

This is a lovely first! The compass does look pretty rad. If anything, I'd outline that to make it stand out a bit more. Also, the font is a bit thin and, in places, is a bit hard to read. Have you considered trying a site like Dafont? There are plenty of free fonts to look at over there, if you aren't fond of the basic MS fonts, that is.