Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Map of Westeros [GoT/ASoIaF]

On the scale issue, the Wall is almost exactly 300 miles/100 leagues, so you can just use that as a scale bar. The continent as a whole is about 3,000 miles from the Wall to the south coast, with roughly 700 miles north of the Wall to the top of the maps in the books.

the time for traveling was too short considering the difference of climates between the regions
    The books are very ambiguous on travelling times for this reason (it almost 3 years between the start of the first book and the end of the fifth book, which is rather more than I think most people realise). After - quite literally - years of studing this issue over on the Westeros forums, the consensus is that the travelling times/distances do work out as broadly correct.

Wip UPDATE III: Almost there

All done exams and finally have time to get back at this map, so I have now added all the castles, strongholds, and villages along with inking in the coastline. Next is going to be a lot of shading in the different biomes and the ocean. Might tryout adding some watercolours.

Final tough will be aging the map with coffee and tea. Will add another update before I do that. Only thing I am disappointed in thus far is my labelling. I screwed up inking in a couple places and I feel my font/writing could use some work.

Feedback Welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2500.JPG 
Views:	670 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	59728  

Wip Final update

Almost finished, added the base colour with coloured pencil (first attachment) of the different biomes and then added a layer of watercolour (second attachment). It's one of my first times working with water colour but I'm actually pretty happy how it turned out.

Final step is to just age it a bit to mute some of the colours and make it appear a little older and distressed. I'll post the final map in Finished Map when it's all said and done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	59772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2502.JPG 
Views:	1809 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	59773  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12