Thread: Gday Everyone

Info Gday Everyone

Hi, this is the first time I've joined a forum, so my apologies for my lack of experience regarding etiquette in forum related policies and procedures.

I live in Australia, and I'm a keen Pathfinder GM working on his first large campaign, I run my campaign with the assistance of d20 pro virtual tabletop. At times I don't have the time to create my own battlemaps and I came across this forum/guild while searching for battlemaps online to beef up my current campaign.

I have to say what a great concept for a guild; people can share, inspire, assist and learn how to create all manner of maps and cartography, excellent.

I've attached one of my 1st handrawn maps(more of a info/layout map) I've kept ever since I new I wanted to be a GM, it certainly is rough but I'm looking forward to expand on this and get better.

Speak soon, Jarrick out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Drawn Map.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	497.1 KB 
ID:	59481  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Hi there and welcome

Your map looks a bit like a spaceship (maybe due to the sketch bottom right with those "wings" ..)

Regarding the etiquette: just behave like you would outside this forum (and now I hope you are not a complete scumbag in real life), and everything is fine

Kind regards,
    Kai
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free Print and Play games

Welcome to the Guild Jarrick! Don't worry about lack of experience, we all start with none and build from there. There are lots of tutorials here that can help you build confidence and refine your style. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Kai and Arsheesh,

Kai in regards to my sketch, I'm a big fan of R.A. Salvatore novels so I sketched an internal floor plan of the evil artifact The Crystal Shard/Creshinibon, to be used for my campaign.

I'm looking forward to tinkering with a few different software programs to recreate the sketch into a battlemap.

Hey, thanks for beginning here with a contribution from the start! That's worth a smidgen of rep right there. Welcome to the Guild, and may your tenure here be fruitful.