Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Alemnia

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    How do you create the Mountains? Are they completely handdrawn or do they requier some Rendering Programs?
    The mountains are handdrawn, but not by me, though. They are a combination of the reliefs found on shadedreliefarchive.com, scaled way down and with the white background erased, and a layer beneath that, with a basic bevel/emboss effect, which I used to add light and shadow, to add some depth. It's a lot of cutting and pasting. There are bits and pieces of South America, the Balkans, Israel and everywhere else in there. So, I guess I have to give the CIA a lot of credit for this map.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh, cool sources. I was doing my own Relief map too. Couse i realy disliked complete bevel/emboss effect maps, they all (including ym own) look a bit cheesy. So i went for Wilbur yesterday and tested some new technics togethter with Viking.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Hello there.
    Love it! Would you consider licensing this map for this project: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...commision.html

Where is the compass from? It's really nice

Really enjoy the general shape of the landmass and think it's neat how you chose to stick with the a more monochrome look, gives it a cooler feel. The central compass rose also give it a good symmetry and I think you achieved what you are looking for with the mountains.
    Hand-drawn Fantasy Maps by A.S. Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    The mountains are handdrawn, but not by me, though. They are a combination of the reliefs found on shadedreliefarchive.com, scaled way down and with the white background erased, and a layer beneath that, with a basic bevel/emboss effect, which I used to add light and shadow, to add some depth. It's a lot of cutting and pasting. There are bits and pieces of South America, the Balkans, Israel and everywhere else in there. So, I guess I have to give the CIA a lot of credit for this map.
    Thanks for pointing out this resource! Having a real life reference helps a lot to get the shapes you want in the right place.
    Last edited by lomedhel; 06-06-2014 at 02:45 AM.

This is such a beautiful map, it's really stunning. I really like the choice of the subdued tones, it definitely gives it an interesting feel.

This is a fantastic map. I enjoy it every time I view it. I really like the choice of red text on the subdued background.

Gosh, I know its been a few months but I am new here and just discovering this. This is really spectacular and I can't say enough about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast