Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Alemnia

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

That's gorgeous, great work and congrats on being selected for the main page!

Old thread I know but I'll just say I think it's better without the legend, it's pretty evident what's sea and what's mountains

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

As I said in the rep thing, brilliant use of colour and tone! Really like this one a lot

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Daelin, you are blowing me away. This is amazing, and causing me to rethink Photoshop. I just want to dive into that terrain and make daughter maps. How long did this project take? and how long have you been making maps?

I'm a new member and came across your Central ALemnia map and was blown away, then I went to your profile and post and looked at your post some coming back in 2010, it's so cool and inspiring to see where you were at only a few years ago and who much you've grown as an artist, I'm sure lots of long hours and hard work have gone into your development, good luck in the future, your stuff rocks!

I love the tone of the map!

Nice work !!

Gorgeous map - I am trying to get in touch with you Daelin to discuss a commission, could you please let me know how best to contact you?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Reed View Post
    Daelin, you are blowing me away. This is amazing, and causing me to rethink Photoshop. I just want to dive into that terrain and make daughter maps. How long did this project take? and how long have you been making maps?
    The making of this map was actually relatively quick, compared to my other projects, such as the Empire of Humankind and Maffaton City. Probably around 10 hours, maybe.
    Joined CG back in 2009, so ever since then.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    I'm a new member and came across your Central ALemnia map and was blown away, then I went to your profile and post and looked at your post some coming back in 2010, it's so cool and inspiring to see where you were at only a few years ago and who much you've grown as an artist, I'm sure lots of long hours and hard work have gone into your development, good luck in the future, your stuff rocks!
    Thanks! Oh, but I too have gone back and looked at the early stuff I posted. Even I can tell the difference. Back then, I thought that was the *ish*, that I could get no better, but now I really cringe at first few maps, I made. I guess that's how every creative person feels. It's called the learning curve.

Such a great map!

I'm interested to know how did you draw the waves. Was it a pattern+mask combination or you just drawn them using a brush by hand?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast