Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Central Alemnia

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by campuscodi View Post
    I'm interested to know how did you draw the waves.
    Some random texture -> desaturated -> set to low opacity over a solid blue base layer. Don't remember which texture or where it came from, the exact opacity nor the color value for the blue base.
    Draw by hand? Less than 1% of my work is drawn by hand. Well, maybe more, but not by mine.

Daelin, would you be up for posting a mini-photoshop tutorial on how you did this map?
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Farland View Post
    Daelin, would you be up for posting a mini-photoshop tutorial on how you did this map?
    Farland, I wish I could. But, you see, the problem is, this map isn't really reproducible. That's because, as I mention in my above post, this map isn't technically "made by me". All the mountains were done by cutting and pasting bits and pieces from the maps found on shadedreliefarchive.com - mostly the ones by CIA as they are the highest quality. This map wasn't drawn as much as it was assembled, much like a puzzle. And the other elements, like the compass rose and the look of the ocean? "Borrowed", right off the internets. The forests and rivers, bah, those aren't worthy of a tut, and the labeling, well, that's way too overdone, which is why I included a version without. So... yeah.

So I am looking at this great map (and it really is amazing) when a friend looks over my shoulder and she just says, "OMG, World's wound!? Seriously!" and now I cant unsee it Is this by accident (and my friend and I are sick bastards) or an evil easter egg?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Excelent map!

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    Is this by accident (and my friend and I are sick bastards) or an evil easter egg?
    Okay, so, more than a year an a half late, but yeah, dude, you and your female friend are total freaks. It's just a giant mountain with a big rift in the middle. That's why it's a "wound". It's not at all referring to what I know you're referring to. Oh god, now I can't unthink it. Gross. Luckily, it's not a volcano that spews lava or anything. Fuuuuuuu...

What a wonderful colour choice! It's a very inspiring map

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234