Thread: Aristotle's New World

Default Aristotle's New World

..for lack of a better title.

I've been world building for decades, yet I haven't saved much of anything I've drawn or written. I have no evidence of my love for the hobby, so I've decided to work on a new project. I'll be using this for games eventually, though I'm pretty clear on the line between the part of this that is the hobby I enjoy for myself and the actual amount of this work that my players will likely use or want to be exposed to. For now, all I really have is a a vector image (Affinity Designer) with some land forms mapped out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map1.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	692.8 KB 
ID:	102078

Looks fine, although it might need some smoothing. Continent coastlines tend to be smooth in general with roughness only appearing in smaller scales.

I may take the map, at least partially, back to the drawing board.

Rather than generating a map and then figuring out where people live, I'm trying to do that at the same time. I intend for all of my work to take place in one hemisphere (the other will be "undiscovered" for now), and I want to attempt to generate the cultures as organically as someone with no training in the related subjects can muster.

I spent this evening generating a rough outline of human migration for the world based on the number of cultures I want to have, placement of "cradles of civilization," melanin, language, and metallurgy.

Dates and names and such are subject to change, obviously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cultures.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	963.0 KB 
ID:	102142