Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: {WIP} Caledon

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wip {WIP} Caledon

Hi, I was a bit quiet recently do some illness. But here is a Reliefmap I develloped last night while skyping with Viking. It is clearly inspired by recent maps of -Max- and Dailin but instead of using shaded reliefmaps, I focussed on Wilbur generated textures and freestyle painting. Its more interesting for me to find my own way of shading those than just adapt from others and the result is pleasing for me. Also this Map will be featured in one chapter for Gameprinters Tutorial Book, on which I still work, slower than expected but it will be finished within decembre.

Please feel free to comment and critic the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caledon_001.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	59516  

Looks great!
    I'm sure you are aware of it, but I have just one minor note: There seems to be some graphical issues with the rivers coming into that lake roughly in the middle and 3/4's down the page. Also some rivers stick out a bit into the ocean.

I tried doing mountains that look that good a bunch of times unsuccessfully. Eventually just resorting to stealing Earths and then changing it to suit. How did you manage to get it working so well?

First of all, hope you feel better?!
    And great to have you back!

Congrats to you and Viking, this map looks awesome! I hope you'll keep at this and will add forests, cities and all the rest of the stuff. Would very much like to see this finished.
    If i can, i'll rep you. The "like" is already a given.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

@ Falconius: Thanks, i will repair the issues later on and erase the ocean river overflow.

@ Eilathen: Yep, the map only needs the corrections + Forests, than comes labels and Borders/compass/legend/Cartouche

I start to prefer this work with wilbur over pure Layereffects. Its giving The map much more realistic feel, but i think I may need some more training before the Mountains will Be truely convincing.

very cool map, I really cannot wait to see what you do with it!

Still a bit unsure about how to make The forests but i am confident this will be a nice map

I'm really liking this so far. You've done a wonderful job with the texture, I could have easily believed you had gotten it from SRTM data.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looking great, as expected with your work!

What's up with that black line on the coasts that shows up in some places but not others?

I have painted with brushes made from muddy datas but that looked so horrid that i run extensive incisive flow erosions and included england details also destructed with lots Of overpaint and erosions.
    The black line is from the emboss of the land on borders. Too much? I rather like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast