Thread: New Member Intro Post, By: Chris Huff/ 8 Pound Studios

Guild Novice Facebook Connected 8 Pound Studios's Avatar

Default New Member Intro Post, By: Chris Huff/ 8 Pound Studios

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris Huff, I am the founder and lead designer at 8 Pound Studios. I found the site while looking for information on how to improve my Game Maps and had to join.

I hope to be helpful to any members and also love to learn how to improve my skills!

I am still a Novice map maker and really just fell in love with the the art while working on my current MMO RPG "Tsym Online"

If anyone has questions feel free to ask
    Chris Huff

Welcome to the Guild Chris! You have come to the right place to hone those skills. When I first came here I had not so much as ever used a graphics program, and remember being both blown away with the quality of artwrok featured at the Guild, and intimidated. However this is a very helpful and friendly community and after spending quite a bit of time messing around with various tutorials, I eventually gained enough confidence to create my own map. It turned out better than I would have thought possible at the time. So definitely get to know the tutorials section. I'd also recommend starting a WIP thread once you begin work on a map. This is a good way to generate constructive criticism early on, and to learn new tips and tricks to mapmaking from more experienced Guild members.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh