Thread: *Friendly Wave*

Default *Friendly Wave*

Let me say this first: I'm not an artist. I am very happy to leave that particular gift in the toolbox of my mother and wife. However, I am a writer and found myself in need of maps for a new fantasy world called Taylin. To be honest, my maps are nothing compared to some of the things I've seen on this site. I probably don't even deserve to post here, but I've never been one to be called wise, so might as well, eh?

So what I'll do here is just post my "About the Author" section from my own blog!

About the Author

Ryan K. Stansifer

Daddy, Author, Gamer, Reader, Dreamer

Ryan has been writing since elementary school and gaming for even longer. Growing up on science fiction and fantasy, he began pursuing his passion for writing in the year 2000 with the first draft of The Orion Project: Descent. For National Novel Writing Month in 2009, he rewrote Descent. It’s a great deal better now.

He’s written over 50 works, including published poetry, novellas, short stories and several full-length novels.

In 2011, he won an Honorable Mention in Blizzard’s Global Writing Contest for ”Ashes over Stormwind.” Set in the universe of World of Warcraft, it is the story of General Marcus Jonathan fighting to survive as Deathwing sweeps down upon Stormwind at the beginning of the Cataclysm.
    Ryan lives with his wife, Laura and their perfect little girl, Caitlyn Jessica in Southern California with one very strange cat who always asks questions.
    They are expecting their second daughter–Talissa Stansifer–on November 5, 2013. (And yes, she has been born and is happy, healthy and still can't tell the difference between night and day).

Anyway, if you're interested, check out my writing blog at -rks | There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I am that line..

Thanks and have a great day!

-rks

Welcome to the Guild Ryan! No need to be shy about your work, the Guild has tons of members of all levels of experience and skill. We are a community that tries to help each other grow in knowledge and enjoyment of the craft, at whatever stage of the journey you happen to be on. I'd recommend that you begin by spending some time getting to know the tutorials section. There are loads of helpful walkthroughs there that can help you find your feet. Next, begin a WIP thread to display your early work. It doesn't have to be amazing, in fact it probably won't be if you are just getting started, but it is a way to elicit constructive feedback from the community. Anyway I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcome, Ryan. Don't sell yourself TOO short -- there's a number of the denizens here who disclaim artistic talent, yet who create marvelous maps. Take Gidde's tutorial Hand-Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged...

Welcome Ryan! As already stated, the guild welcomes any who have an interest in maps and map making regardless of their skill level. Writers area always welcome too If you ever feel the need to request a map there is also a subforum for that too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!