Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP Mist Continent

This is looking really great. I agree the Cleyra tree looks better like that. If you plan on adding a fancy border with decorative elements, may I suggest perhaps putting Atomos in one corner sucking things into it's giant maw. =P

I hadn't thought about a border yet, but that idea does sound really interesting. I could have Atmos looking like it is eating part of the border, with its bottom part blending into the border. Maybe have the Iifa roots in there too.

Finished all the mountains, in terms of drawing them. May change a few when I add some of the other icons. Started to add some text to the map, wondering if the two different types look ok with the other elements. The ribbon text will be used for the towns and cities, with the box text being used for everything else.

Lindblum was fun to draw, went through two versions of the city. One looked like the art from the strategy guide, but had too much detail. So went with a more simple version of the city from the cutscene.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff10.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	59712

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Lindblum seems to have an odd perspective though, regarding the other stuff on the map.

I think it could be due to the front right tower, and left rock formation. I'll have a mess around to see if I can get the perspective right.

Blog Entries

Sweet map

I have to agree bout them mountains; they look awesome. As does the dragon.
    Regarding the angles of viewing, Lindblum and Cleyra as portrait-view whereas Dali and the unnamed city are like bird's eye.
    I like your portrait drawings much better, so if you want them to all be the same, correct Dali and the City.
    The thing next to the "Chocobo's Forest" label; is that a rock, pond, or pit?

Keep it up!
    FM
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Thanks

I plan to go back to the unnamed city and change it as it was the first city icon that I drew for the map, and I prefer the look of Cleyra.

The thing next the label, is a forest. Was seeing how it looked if I drew it like what it looks like in game. Think I might use the style of the other forests and show its different with the chocobo in front and the label.

Ok, had a try at changing the alexandria city icon. Thinking I may have a difference in the icon looks depending on the label. With the ribbons being portrait and the boxs being slightly birds eye, allowing me to keep the gates and have the detail I like in the cities.

Redid the coastline, added more forests, added a few more icons.

Name:	ff14.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	3.35 MB 
ID:	59787

Started colouring the piece, posted another update as I'm trying to work out what sort of border will look good for the map, and trying a more decorative look.

Name:	ffmap.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	59948

Perfect spot for Atomos. =P

As this map has so many mountains, wanted to post an update to get opinions on the colouring of the mountains, before I coloured too many. Going with 2 shades and a highlight.

Name:	ffmap2.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	60090

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast