Thread: [WIP] Iconic Locations #1 - SMW

Wip [WIP] Iconic Locations #1 - SMW

This is a big step for me. I've never liked sharing stuff that wasn't yet done, but I figured now was a good time to try and turn over a new leaf. The encouragement and kind/honest critiques here are worth it, methinks!

So, here's a brand spankin' new WIP!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	59591

This is the first time I've really truly used my Wacom. I've had it for a few years, but not being an "artist" artist, I've found that doing most everything in Photoshop via keyboard and mouse is usually more efficient. That said, I'm happy with the results of the actual tablet drawing so far. It's certainly the nicest thing this tablet has produced since it's manufacturing.

I'm noticing already that it's difficult for me to try and keep distances from plateau tops to the ocean surface uniform across the map. It's making some of the plateaus look angled or just plain weird. Though I figure I'll just plug along and edit it as I go.

Oh, and I'll give five points to the first person that recognizes the location.

Looks good, especially if it's the first time you have used the Wacom. I'm going with Super Mario World, now what do these points get me if I win

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Interesting start, please keep on and show us what this can become.