Thread: Lenore

Default Lenore

Lenore, a map for a collaborative story on an image board I volunteered to do.
    So far, I like how it's coming along - what type of tree style should I use for the rest of it? The ones in the middle, or the ones to the left? It is far from done, so critique is very welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lenoran.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	59618

I would say the one in the middle, especially if you plan on adding both deciduous and conifer vegetation to the piece, as it will give some variety. But as it’s only a few trees at the moment, I would see what it looks like as a forest.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, I agree. ^

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

I also agree, the trees in the middle could be a good choice. The other style might be too subtle for that map.

I like the general look and feel of the mp, though when viewed at 100 % it loses a little bit of it's appeal. I'll have to figure out, what it is exactly that'S bothering me about it.
    Apart from that, the layout and choice of colors and background texture is really good!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Well okay, just had a closer look. It's only one thing that I'm not sold on 100%. The ridge lines on the mountains seem a bit thick, imo. But otherwise, really nice stuff.

Are those scratches on the map drawn by you or are they in the background texture?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Looks really nice so far, awesome colors! I like the forest on the left more, it fits the low mountains better. Don't want trees towering over mountain peaks It could be made more distinct though, the outline is a little sketchy compared to the rest of the map, and if you use a slightly darker color on the forest it'll be more clear without breaking the color scheme.