Thread: Neolithic Village - 5 minute map challenge

Default Neolithic Village - 5 minute map challenge

Forgot to post yesterday, I attempted another 5 minute map challenge on the Maps for Sharing G+ community. This one is a pencil illustration of a neolithic village after getting inspired by some photos of ruins in Malta. No color this time - lots of time lost in stone detail. Of course quickee and sloppy, but it's my style...

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neolithic.jpg 
Views:	1560 
Size:	784.2 KB 
ID:	59602
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I like this one... have you thought about going back to some of your 5 minute maps and doing serious projects on them?
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

@foremost - They are definitely idea generators. In order to compel me to rush a map (that's what you got to do in a 5 minute map depending on the results you want), despite me being a very fast mapper anyway, I need a thought provoking concept. This time neolithic ruins was the inspiration. I'd like to do a serious neolithic village, one I spend at least some hours doing, instead of minutes. Some like the one I did of the airship and the spire in the miasmal sea was going out on a limb, since I'm not really a gaming fan of steampunk - it was my venture into a genre I was a bit awkward at approaching. So that's likely my only attempt at that for a while. 5 minute maps are experiments only - getting a concept across with some artistic value, despite being little more than a scribble.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations