Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medival Manor

Guild Member

Default Medival Manor

Ok, I was had a snow day off school (I'm a teacher) and spent some time throwing together the first floor of a manor house. The second floor is still not started. I borrowed map objects from mapshare / dundjinni. There is still an empty room that I couldn't come up with a reason fro being It is based on the floor plan of an actual manor. Comments and ideas are welcome. I did a with and without grid version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medival Manor Ground Floor(no Grid).jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	59603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medival Manor Ground Floor.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	59604

Guild Member

Default Second Floor

I have started to work on the second floor now. No furnishings yet, but the basic floor plan is done. I just need to decide what to put into each room and visit the friendly neighborhood mapshare.com for objects. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Name:	Medival Manor Second Floor.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	697.7 KB 
ID:	59726

I like your floor plan a lot. I love the courtyard space in the middle! Fist and second floors are looking good, and as for the extra room, broom cabinet? or it could just be a storage room. Is there going to be a basement as well?

Guild Member

Here is the second floor with map objects included (against thanks to mapshare.com). There is a basement that I may map out too. The stairs down from the kitchen / servants quarters go to the basement.

Name:	Medival Manor Second Floor.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	59779

The maps are looking good Meek75, looking forward to the basement.

Guild Member

Here is my first shot at a basement. There is a main area used for storage and a secret area with a secret entrance behind the barrels. In the hidden area there are some prison cells and a wizards summoning / lab area.

Name:	Medival Manor Basement.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	59781

Very good start.

Great layout you got looks cool

Guild Journeyer

Default A Good Flow

I am not familiar with tabletop/battlemapping, but these are some really intriguing plans regardless. I could not help noticing, however, that there was no kitchen in the house itself (cannot tell if room north of the chapel is a kitchen or another dining area?). I am not sure what place/time these plans are set in, but I do know there are some places/times where kitchens were kept in separate buildings due to smells/noises.

Also, your small room under the main stair might work as a trophy room or small museum.

Guild Member

The small area of the upper right hand room is the kitchen. It is connected to the servants quarters and the basement stairway. I think it needs to be bigger than it currently is and it should be closer to the servants quarters. I like the trophy room idea. If I ever update the map I will try to include that idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast