Thread: FT3 to CC3 export error

Help FT3 to CC3 export error

First, sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched an failed to find an answer.

Last gencon, I picked up copies of Fractal Terrains and Campaign Cartographer and am largely just getting around to using them. I've managed to develop a world that I like using Fractal Terrains 3.0.10 and would like to export it to Campaign Cartographer 3.24.

However, when I use the Save Campaign Cartographer File... option, I'm unable to open the file in CC. This seems to occur no matter what settings were used to export. In CC it first asks me to save changes to the file. I've selected Yes. Then it displays an error saving to the file and a warning saying that CC3 cannot perform the command: C:\Users\Desktop\Campaign. As near as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any problem with the file permissions.

Has anyone seen this issue, and is able to guide me through it?

Thanks.

FT is a cranky old program and likes to save things like settings files into its installation directory, which is forbidden by versions of Windows later than XP (Vista, 7, 8.x). I recommend installing FT in a directory such as C:\ProFantasy\FT (or anything that's not "Program Files") for best effect.

The error message you provided is one that I haven't seen, but I wonder if there's a space in the file name that's causing problems (the path looks truncated a bit awkwardly). I haven't had problems with names in spaces, but I suppose it's possible (as might paths that are more than 260 characters long in total or with Unicode characters in the name).

ProFantasy does have a forum ( ProFantasy Community Forum - All Discussions ) that offers excellent support for their products.

I also highly recommend logging into the registered users area at ProFantasy and making sure that you have downloaded the most current version of FT3 and CC3 if you haven't already done so. FT3 3.0.10 is from 2011 and I think that there might be a newer version running around.

There are also a number of video tutorials at YouTube that some users recommend heartily.

Thank you. There was a space, and removing that did the trick. Now I can now resume butchering my beautiful landscape.

Thanks also for the forum link. I'll probably spend a good bit of time reading around.