Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 2013 Entry - Temere Temple (PnP)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

3 More! 5 to go!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lavaroom.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	59911

Name:	crystallake.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	59912

Name:	minotaur.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	59913

Don't forget, when you are all done attach all the maps together into 1 single map file and put the correct thumbnail picker thing ### Latest WIT ### in front of it. Note I deliberately misspelled WIP.

Your entry is looking good!

Thanks Bogie! Also another thanks for the RPG elements you put in Dundjinni, I´ve been using them a lot!
    Here is the board, and how my piece will be finished with the rooms.

### Latest WIT ###

Name:	TemereTemple.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	59937

That looks good.

You need to change WIT to WIP, I had misspelled it on purpose in my previous post so that it wouldn't affect your postings.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

I think these are looking great Carbus, though I personally prefer the presentation of the pages/cards than the actual "maps" themselves. Definitely an interesting game and I love the details, with the quotes of previous heroes, etc. However, other than there being 5 potential rooms, I think it has strayed a little from the actual challenge if we're going off the descriptions of a "5 Room Dungeon" that Arsheesh linked to (ie. a Guardian room - Puzzle Room - Red Herring - Boss Room - Revelation Room). Aside from that, really good work with these and I enjoy every new room you add

Thanks for the feedback Ospeck! I choose to simulate a game board, to represent how I imagined the game to be on the "real world".

Quote Originally Posted by Yospeck View Post
    However, other than there being 5 potential rooms, I think it has strayed a little from the actual challenge if we're going off the descriptions of a "5 Room Dungeon" that Arsheesh linked to (ie. a Guardian room - Puzzle Room - Red Herring - Boss Room - Revelation Room)
    Humm I think its a bit late now xD But I did follow the instructions for each Room Number.
    The Rooms with the number 1, have guardians (ie. The Thorn Tree, The Sphinx and The Sirens).
    The Rooms with the number 2, use Puzzle Elements (ie. The Spear Room, Aboshan Statue and Quiro, The Mage).
    The Rooms with the number 3, I used two of them as Red Herring, the Mirror Room and the Crystal Lake, use puzzle elements, and doesnst have an actual door to exit.
    The Rooms with the number 4, have bosses (ie. The Minotaur, The White Bull and The Medusa).
    The Rooms with the number 5, I struggled a bit to give something different, the Alchemy Lab reveals a deadly trap where the hero has to craft an antidote, and the Revival Room, brings the boss from the previous room back to life and stronger.

I could be wrong, what do you think?
    Thanks!!

Yeh I can see where you're going with it. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to dungeon mapping (I pretty much exclusively design dungeon maps) so I guess I went a little tunnel vision when looking at yours and my impulse was "This doesn't really seem to follow the challenge brief". However, I take back what I said, I actually think you've taken it and gone a different route whilst at least sticking with the spirit of the challenge. A challenge would be boring if everyone did the same kind of thing, so kudos to you for taking it in a different direction and trying something different

One thing I would suggest is that where you have the inside areas and the stone/temple type archways, you've obviously used the same image and just changed location. However, given the perspective you've used on your walls, I'd recommend using the transform > skew tool to make the vertical flow of the doors match the walls (the duplicated door is fine for a doorway in the center, but at the edges looks a bit weird):

Name:	doorskew.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	467.8 KB 
ID:	59951

Hey guys!
    I had a great time working on this Challenge, I could finally do the two things I love the most, mapping and game design. Unfortunately I couldnt finish all the rooms (still one missing), but I managed to deliver the final piece I wanted to do, a presentation of how the game works. The next step is preparing all the files for the player to play it, but today Im travelling so I won´t be able to deliver this files. When I return, I´ll organize everything so that everyone can play and enjoy! But as for the challenge, I think I managed to create something that fills in, 5 rooms, with distinct rules, each one following the guides for arsheesh.

Big thanks for Yospeck (I correct the doorways, thanks for the tips) and Bogie, for the tips, and also for the RPG elements I picked from Dundjinni.
    Good luck to everyone and happy new year!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TemereTemple.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	59958

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12