Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 2013 Entry - Temere Temple (PnP)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Default December 2013 Entry - Temere Temple (PnP)

Hey there guys! After seeing that Lukc might enter this challenge I almost gave up! But then I had the perfect idea.
    Temer Temple is a PnP (Print and Play) game, that will use the room mechanics from the Challenge. My final Wip will be an image of the final product, that is, all the rooms in a simulated gameplay.

Gameplay:
    Temere Temple will be a simple game, something that you could play within 20 minutes, and all you will need is some dices, some markers, and the boards of the game.
    Temer is a latin words that means ´´Random´´, which pretty much explain the mechanics of my boardgame. The player is an adventurer that just found Temere Temple, looking for some loot and fame. The player must pass through 5 rooms, with different challenges, all using dices and markers as mechanics.

There are 5 types of rooms, all numbered from 1 to 5, and the first room the player enters is 1, and if he wins the challenge he goes to the room number 2, and so on.
    For each room there´ll be 3-4 different types of encounters, that means a possible output of over 1024 different playthroughs.

The rules are not ready yet, so I´ll be updating it with the development of the rooms.

Final Map and Product:
    Since this is CARTOGRAPHERS GUILD, its obvious that I must have a final demonstration of a 5 room complex of my game. My last WIP will be a simulation of an ongoing playthrough with all the rooms of that play, and the unused ones too.

Along with that I´ll be uploading all the Boards, and some markers that the player need to play the game, and off course the rules.

Hope I was clear, sorry for any grammar mistakes! Also a little sneak peek of 2 dungeons, the Spear Room and The Sirens.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spearroom.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	59645

Name:	sirens.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	59646

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Fantastic idea!

Hey quick update. My first idea was to make the borders separate from the rules. But then I decided to make them all together, the room and the room mechanics.

Name:	thorntree.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	59652

Name:	spearroom2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	59653

Name:	the sirens.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	59654

Cool!

I do feel there is something confusing about the instructions on the Sirens page (3rd room).

It says number of dices = 0 for the player. And 2 for the "Spears." I think you meant "Sirens," rather than spears?
    Also, player can move anywhere, but can the player move one disc per turn only (as he/she has no dices)? It is not clear . . .

Cheers!
    Gpig

Hey gpig! Those are not final cards, only testing the feel of it, and the main problem is the my poor grammar xD. I`ll rewrite everything correct later, but when I mean anywhere, I wrote it wrong, it means in any direction, vert, hor and diag.
    Thanks!

I really like this Idea Carbus. Great entry so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I really like your idea Carbus, you break out of the mould and I really apreciate it. Good work

Very interesting ideas!

Hey guys! Another update, finally decided the format for my board/cards. I think it works best the vertical way. Ten to go!

Name:	sphinx.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	59736

Name:	quiro.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	59737

Two more!