Thread: A font request

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Default A font request

This is a bit of an odd request, so I hope I'm putting this thread in the right place…

When I made my globe for the November challenge, I practiced my handwriting a bit so I'd be able to label it. I made a set of letters which I guess would be called a font if I had made them digitally, but so far, they are only on paper. Anyway, Neyjour asked if I could turn it into a useable font, and I'd love to do that – the problem is that neither of us know how. And I don't really have time to learn a new software right now. So, without really hoping for a lot since I guess most of us here prefer using fonts over making them, I'm putting up a scan of my letters, and asking if anyone would be up for making it into a working font file?

If you'd like to do it, we can put up the file on any font site you like, or keep it to Guild members only, or whatever you'd like. I'm afraid I can't offer any payment for this, as I'm not interested in making money from this font. We'd be equally sharing owners of it though

If it'd be of any help I can vectorize the letters, but I don't know if it'd be necessary to re-trace them in the font editor even if I do that, so for now, here they are as a pretty big PNG. If anyone has some time to spare and would find it fun, please go ahead and tell me everything I have to correct before this can be fontisized
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mitt typsnitt.png 
Views:	530 
Size:	758.1 KB 
ID:	59665

Guild Adept

I could do that but do you mind if the borders are less jagged ?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks for the offer, Azelor! No, I wouldn't mind that at all, but I'd like them to keep as much as possible of their irregular shape and line thickness. Thanks again, and take as long as you need

Feanaaro, thanks for the links, that service does sound pretty good, but I prefer a more personal collaboration

I moved my last post here, it's more appropriate

Testing :

Attachment 59767

What do you think about the lines thickness?

And about the accents: I just want to say that some names don't make sense since they are rarely used in french and never in english. They are just for display.
    Last edited by Azélor; 12-15-2013 at 11:32 PM.