Thread: Old School Style City & Building Map

Default Old School Style City & Building Map

Hi Folks,

I know I've posted some maps here that I've done before but I'd like a couple done professionally for an adventure I'll be self-publishing via DTRPG and unfortunately I don't have the skill to do them to the quality I'd like, yet!

Setting:
    Dark ages, swords & sorcery. Think of Lieber's, Lankhmar & Moorcock's, Young Kingdoms

Design Concept.
    For the city I was thinking of a port city that has 3 tiers, 1st level is the waterfront district comprising docks, warehouses, customs house, inns, residences for the unskilled labour and so forth with separate sections for the royal navy, merchant navy and fishermen. The second level would be for primarily for the merchants and well to do visitors and probably contain some government buildings such as a school, a mages academy/tower, markets. The third level comprises the main keep and diplomatic quarters and is open to the rest of the country. My original idea was that the city is in a wide, circular bay bounded by cliffs, possibly created by a volcano or some other form of crater.

The adventure map is a simple, abandoned warehouse, with a mezzanine level that contains a bedroom (the villains lair) and attached office that has been converted to a barracks for the main antagonists fellow cultists. The main part of the warehouse is also a stable for 2-3 horses, where the hired thugs sleep and has crates of unclaimed merchandise, perhaps some hay bales and a few barrels of whatever, some stuff to provide cover. I was thinking perhaps this could be done isometrically...

Number of maps:
    One port city map.
    One encounter map

Technical:
    Published adventure will be A5 sized PDF. City map to be a full page, encounter map 1/2 page. I'll leave resolution to your expertise but the finished maps should be suitable for print.
    Line art only required, but if you want to go the whole ten yards and do colour...

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps for the adventure and related future source books.

Deadline:
    Flexible. Currently editing the adventure as it was written some time ago for the Mongoose MRQII, Elric setting. Would like to have published hopefully by the end of this year.

Payment:
    Negotiable commission on sales of published works.

Contact
    Feel free to contact me via PM if interested. I will provide a draft copy of the adventure to interested parties.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Thank you to the cartographers that have viewed and responded to this request. Very professional and helpful.

This request can be considered taken as I'm in negotiation with 2 cartographers and one of them will get the job.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps