Thread: I am in need of a map for my fantasy world.

Default I am in need of a map for my fantasy world.

I'm beginning the undertaking of a fantasy series i've been planning and building slowly over a period of eight years. This story has taken on many incarnations since i was in high school and is very much a piece i have been growing into for many years. It takes place in a rather large world and the ultimate conflict is one on a global scale.

Magic is a central part of this world. It's presence throughout this world is dictated by many factors but a major one is a little understood "cycle", which gives rise to fantastic heroes and beasts for periods of perhaps only a generation or perhaps a millennia.

This influx of magic molds the political factions of this world, which will be central to the overall series as well.

I will require a world map, maps of the major cities (a list i will need a bit of time to finalize), and perhaps a few more smaller places which may prove important later.

As a visual person, it can sometimes be difficult for me to work through the physicality of a place in my mind if i can't see it, therefore i am looking for quality. I will attach an example of a map (done by an artist on this site) which i feel is a good representation of what i am looking for in level of detail. Naturally each artist will have their own style but your's will need to be one which appeals to me. It's important that the work be something that i as the author can grow into.

I would like to see examples of your work and we can privately discuss a percentage to be paid upfront for the work; i would like to officially begin this undertaking in January of 2014.

In terms of copyright, as this will hopefully be a commercial piece, i would like the reproduction rights to the map &
    the copyright of the map. Portfolio use for the artist is ok.

You can contact me at Sdsalone@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-12.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	59667