Thread: Greetings!

Post Greetings!

Hello all, just discovered this great forum, so I decided to make an account for myself. I'm an Urban designer, in the Netherlands, and my profession involves a lot of map maping and off course designing new Urban plans. I'm always interested in making a map nice, alive and readable and I think I'm in the right place for that. The diversity of programs used is big, Vectorworks, AutoCaD, Photoshop, Illustrator, sketchup and some 3dmax. I will be peaking a lot and perhaps in time I will be able to post some nice maps, designs and textures.

Keep up the the good work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard Joram!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks Joram. It's great to have you here. City maps are particularly tricky and hard work to get looking right. One of the (many) items on my to-do list is to write a tutorial as much for my own benefit as for others as to how one goes about drawing a convinging city. I really hope that you will contribute your thoughts to many of the city maps posted here. Your perspective would be invaluable.

If you have not heard it, I really recommend that you listen to this week's Food Programme on BBC radio 4 (you can hear it on the website here). This week it was about how the availability and means of transport of food shapes the design of cities. It's a fascinating listen.

Cheers and welcome to the guild!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Thanks Joram. It's great to have you here. City maps are particularly tricky and hard work to get looking right. One of the (many) items on my to-do list is to write a tutorial as much for my own benefit as for others as to how one goes about drawing a convinging city. I really hope that you will contribute your thoughts to many of the city maps posted here. Your perspective would be invaluable.

If you have not heard it, I really recommend that you listen to this week's Food Programme on BBC radio 4 (you can hear it on the website here). This week it was about how the availability and means of transport of food shapes the design of cities. It's a fascinating listen.

Cheers and welcome to the guild!
    Sounds nice, when I'm at home I will listen to it. Not only food is a big cause for the new city shapes, work, cars, transport and parking has also a big influence. I know it's hard to make a nice city map, especially in my line of work where time is of the essence.

Welcome aboard!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave