Thread: Hi from the wasteland

Professional Artist Mutant Lord's Avatar

Default Hi from the wasteland

Hi all,
    I've been a long time lurker, even though I signed up way back in 2007. I did plenty of maps for the PRG industry before producing them for my own publishing ventures. I could learn a heck of lot by studying the work you folks do here.The quality of the cartography is astounding. Man, I wish there was a site like this way back in the day when I was running old school D&D and Gamma World three times a week. I bet a lot of material here is showing up on game tables across the world.

At any rate, I do all my maps by hand, either in pencil, ink or hand sculpted using Crayola's model magic and acrylic paint. Theses days I am pretty much a full time indie publisher, author-artist hybrid, pushing The Mutant Epoch RPG and so make maps for ruins, towns, wilderness areas. My most ambitious map project so far has been a large regional PA map over a portion of Mega Los Angeles. There are some detail shots at the link with the map there if your curious.

Anyhow, I am a Canadian living in British Columbia, married, have 4 kids and too many hobbies. Really happy to finally be participating here.

Regards,
    Will
    William McAusland aka Mutant Lord
    Author, Artist and Publisher

web site http://www.mutantepoch.com

"The Mutant Epoch is about humankind's attempt to reclaim some semblance of civilization, calling upon its best and boldest to uncover the lost knowledge and power of the old ones."

I suppose I should say welcome to the guild, but I don't think applies here. Glad to have you here anyway

Welcome back Will, look forward to seeing more of your work in the days to come.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh