Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Making maps in Photoshop

Is the site/tutorials down for anyone else or is it just me?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yup, me too...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hey, great tutorials. Kinda easy to follow, but I do have problems with understanding how to create the rivers as stated in the Basic Black/White Alpha Channel tutorial (from 2.0-2.2). Don't really follow what you do here. Is there some more simple way to do it? Or if there some way to see it really step by step, more so than it already is in the tutorial? Anyhow, thanks for great tutorials!

yeah thats the part im stuck on too. i just dont understand it. I'm using CS4.

The wording says:

To create territorial borders, go back to your first image mentioned at step 1.3. Using your magic wand again click on a black area. While you have your selection, create a new layer above your cool looking map and activate it. Make sure you have white as your foreground colour.

Edit > Stroke > 1 pixel

2.1: Deselect (Ctrl+D) and using your move tool, move your layer around your map to section off your territories where you want them. Erase, cut and move, rotate where you see fit. You can even use the edge of the document stroke as straight line to make hard line boundaries as you get in American states.

Im able to select it and right click to layer it. but after that im lost. what do i deselct?
    Last edited by edjogo2; 11-20-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: figured it out.

Praise Great tutorials!

I gave the 3D looking one a try and am pretty happy with results.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's pretty nice work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

What happened to these tutorials? I viewed them a few weeks ago and now I get a 404 Error when I go there. Does anyone have these saved in any format?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast