Thread: Endless Terrain Battlemap - Barrow Mound free tile

Default Endless Terrain Battlemap - Barrow Mound free tile

Working on my first set of Endless Terrain Battlemaps - Woodlands. This is one of my selected free maps that I will make available as a free download from my FreeRPGMaps.com site when it opens.

Each month I will offer 4 double side printed 11" x 17" full color terrain tiles with geomorphic edges, called Endless Terrain Battlemaps. Each month I will offer a different terrain set: woodland, arctic, swamp, jungle, desert, etc. I'm even thinking of simultaneously creating a modern map set. All sets are laminated and provide endless combinations for a different map layout everytime. The geomorphic edges allow you to place maps down, rotate 180 degrees, or flip over and rotate for hundreds of different combinations. These map sets are generic to allow for use in many kinds of games, plus come available with 1" square grid, 1" hex grid or gridless formats.

Anyway, as a means of getting visitors to show up, I'm planning to offer bonus maps with each month's set, that have specific designs that geomorphically match existing tile set.

This is one of those free maps I plan to offer - Woodland Barrow Mound...

This is completely generated in Xara Xtreme using I photos I've taken as textures, then created beveled shapes, with dropshadows, faded edges, varying types of transparency, and some Xara created objects I've done in the past to speed up the design process. There is no Photoshop or GIMP used in the creation of this map, only Xara Xtreme Pro was used, which is powerful, but inexpensive vector based graphics application.

Single sets will be available for $19.95, Subscription sets (includes bonus maps printed double-side laminated) for $19.95. Shipping is kind of expensive, I just found out, even mailing in a large envelope: US $10.00, CA $20.00, International $50 (ouch!). Its due to the size and too much weight for First Class mail.

Anyway, I want to build the forum and then the site will open.

So Guild members luck out, getting access to one of the free maps before anyone else does!

Edit: I see I need to crop it still, oh well. I will repost it cropped later.

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrow-mound-free-tile.jpg 
Views:	3211 
Size:	539.4 KB 
ID:	32548
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-15-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done...If only I still played
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Great work as always.

This seemed like a really great idea.

It's a shame it died so tragically. I anticipated buying more if my first purchase proved worthwhile.

Well, I included all my Endless Terrain Battlemap designs as an add-on product (digital PDF only) to my 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter Project I ran this summer. I added it once I hit $20K in the last 6 hours of the KS. So they will be available as printable PDF products - in a couple months... so this product is not totally dead.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-17-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations