Thread: Dec 2013 Entry - Tower of Tyrs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Default Dec 2013 Entry - Tower of Tyrs

Kinda timed it right coming back to the forums after an absent stint just in time for this challenge as in the New Year I'm going to be running my "Monastery of Tyrs" adventure I designed the map for in the last mapping challenge I entered. I had to do a mini adventure to put before my guys getting into the Monastery map and was going to design a tower, just happens that the Dec challenge was a 5 Room design challenge so I figured I'd gear my map towards that.

Now whilst there are more than 5 rooms in my map it is in a round about way still a five room map, at least it has the 5 core rooms suggested in the challenge (1 starter/guardian room, 1 puzzle room, 1 red herring, 1 boss fight and 1 revelation room). The other rooms are either locations to pass through, so no different to a corridor, or hidden treasure rooms, which aren't necessary for the dungeon itself, however as this is a map I intend to use I don't want to restrict myself with such a linear map (my guys wouldn't appreciate it ). For me this map will go at the beginning of my Monastery of Tyrs map, but it could realistically be a stand alone for any adventure. Quite ambitious this as there's quite a few big areas to detail, so we'll see how we go with it.

I'll add the room descriptions and explanations to the complete article, but essentially the puzzle for getting i various rooms is to ring the bells in different sequences (or find the small hand bells as loot so that the big bells don't have to be used), the big boss is a giant necrotic tarantula that lies dormant at the bottom of the tower.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TowerMockup.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	59786
    Last edited by Cunning Cartographer; 12-17-2013 at 06:42 PM.