Thread: Problem with Ascension's Antique-style maps in Photoshop

Default Problem with Ascension's Antique-style maps in Photoshop

Hello everyone. I hope I posted this in the correct forum.

As the title suggests, I'm having trouble with Ascension's Antique-style maps in Photoshop http://www.cartographersguild.com/tu...photoshop.html

As humiliating as this is, I cannot seem to make it past step 3. When I edit and fill with 50% gray, and then set it to hard mix as instructed, it just makes my entire image faintly gray, instead of giving me the white and black with which to shape the land. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problem.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	59725

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'd be happy to learn how you worked around it if so. Thank you.
    Last edited by 711Savior; 12-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.

I'm not sure what you've done, but your third layer isn't 50% gray. The thumbnail in the layers palette should show a solid gray box, not the transparency checkerboard. This is just a wild guess, but in your Edit > Fill dialogue, make sure that Blending is set to Normal, Opacity to 100%, and Preserve Transparency is unchecked.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I'm not sure what you've done, but your third layer isn't 50% gray. The thumbnail in the layers palette should show a solid gray box, not the transparency checkerboard. This is just a wild guess, but in your Edit > Fill dialogue, make sure that Blending is set to Normal, Opacity to 100%, and Preserve Transparency is unchecked.
    Heh, what do you know? Turns out my opacity wasn't at 100%. Thanks very much. It's always something stupid like that >