Thread: World Alliance Map

Wip World Alliance Map

My first post on this website, can't believe I haven't found this before

This is one of my first maps I had made, I made it for a group of Role-Players that role-play countries and stuff. I have been continually expanding the edges of the map to have more people. I'm running out of Ideas for continents .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WA_Map.png 
Views:	672 
Size:	542.7 KB 
ID:	59865
    I've also been thinking of changing how I have it looking a bit more textured than it is just flat now.
    If you have any ideas on improving my continual project please offer, I'd appreciate it!

Really interesting idea behind this map! I'd suggest adding some more variation in distance between landmasses and also consider having a landmass that is maybe 4 or 5 times bigger than anything you currently have just for size variation. You have already seemingly hit the poles so I'd suggest pulling the world apart a bit to allow for some larger oceans and provide more room for new landmasses. That is if your role players don't mind you fiddling with the distance between things.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

As I understand the scale he has included, I'd say that the oceans are fairly large :p Realistically with an ever expanding world I'd say it'd be hard to figure those suggestions beforehand, does the map wrap around like a globe or is it flat?

Novo Canukia had me chuckling, this is a pretty interesting map. Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    As I understand the scale he has included, I'd say that the oceans are fairly large :p Realistically with an ever expanding world I'd say it'd be hard to figure those suggestions beforehand, does the map wrap around like a globe or is it flat?

Novo Canukia had me chuckling, this is a pretty interesting map. Looks like fun.
    I had actually never thought of it being a globe for some reason, and I started this map, probably A year and a couple months ago, started as just the top left continent. There are 204 people Role-Playing on it and I had thought about a larger ocean, but that would make the map longer than it really needs to be especially with the circumstances the people open it with, the link on it always has it zoomed in by about x4 so they have to scroll around quite a bit, rather not have some people get lost in a large ocean.

Hey, dodge the whole issue of spherical surfaces and projections and distortions -- one group that's done JUST what you refer to - they periodically just expand - is the French geofiction game/community of Alliance. I link to them in this thread. In short - if you use a Niven ringworld or something like the Halo setting, you can expand to your heart's content, maintain effectively a flat earth, and never run out of space.

Starting from some center, and radially expanding as the original territories get mostly filled with participants *does* avoid the perennial problem of collaborative geofiction - the difficulty of imagining *your* space when initially lacking neighbors.

204 participants? I'm impressed.

Really cool project, do you have a website ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Really cool project, do you have a website ?
    We kind of do, we use the Nation States Website to have the country on, and we have everyone in one region, which now has 210 nations :/, Which is located here: Nation States

We use forums for everything else, like the world news feed, which we have the world events, wars, disasters, etc... Located here: News Forum Section