Thread: Modern Hotel Resort

Default Modern Hotel Resort

I generally don't make modern maps, since that's not the kind of game genre I play. However, many fans of my map making have requested more modern map examples. Following my 2 weeks of commission work for the Call of Duty strategy guide and having designed several "resort" based game levels, I decided that might make a good subject for a modern map usable in modern games. My plan is to create a tropical, beachside resort with some coral reef, rocky jungle terrain and an archaeological ruin with a trail from the resort in close proximity - something Mayan, I think. For an exotic inclusion, I'm going to create an underground restaurant/nightclub called the Four Fathoms Grotto Lounge directly up the map page on the seaside which is underground and features a thick curved glass pane separating the lounge, 16 feet below sea level facing a coral lagoon beyond.

Game-wise, a resort can be the location of murder, intrigue, detective work for an exotic location.

So far, I've created the ground floor level and 2 of the several available room types - basic and business suite, though I plan to create an upscale suite and the top level guest residence, yet.

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guest-rooms.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	731.9 KB 
ID:	67528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resort-ground-floor.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	67529
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice! .............Another map I'd love to use in Mutants and Masterminds Campaign........ Do you have a High Res version with a grid?