Thread: Avidor (First Map)

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected
    Peterborough, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Map Avidor (First Map)

I made this map to be my custom campaign setting for my pathfinder RPG campaign.

I'm rather new to this all and want to know what y'all think.

https://copy.com/Ld9xASSfDB0tqYUN

I tried several times to upload it or inserting the image, but the site wasn't having any of it.
    Last edited by Sherratt133; 12-24-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected
    Peterborough, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	59917

Found out how to do it now.

Nice map to start with. A fine subtle colour schema, and a nice style as well.

Are you considering it done or are you still working on it? If you are, you might consider changing some little things.

Forst of all (yep, that was a typo, but it fits so well I left it in ) is your forest. For consistency's sake you should consider using another style to portray it. The icon-style does not really fit into such a satellite-type map.
    Second, the labels. Perhaps you should try using a slightly different font. This very broad font is rather difficult to read at the smaller sizes. And please, please, pretty please... don't use pure white as a text. It hurts. Tone it down a bit, or add some opacity.

Merry Christmas to you, and I hope to see from you soon!

Hello Sherratt133 and welcome to the Cartographers' Guild! Your map looks pretty good overall but it's coastlines seem blurry compared to the other elements (text labels, trees, borderlines). There are also no rivers, roads or towns shown - which may be intentional, but those are the kinds of elements one usually expects to see on a map like this.