Thread: Thyressa - A work in progress

Guild Novice

Default Thyressa - A work in progress

To begin with, I have an MS Paint map that covers basic terrain zones of one of the major countries of this world:

Google Drive Link

Brown is forested mountain, red is plains, yellow is desert, light green is rainforest, dark green is evergreen forest, grey is chapparal, and pink is coastline. I feel like what I have is a basic start, but probably riddled with geological inaccuracies. I also feel like I need more chapparal and evergreen forest, and less plains, desert, and rainforest, but I don't know how to realistically create chapparal. I also want the map to look less like the western US, but I am at a total loss as to what else the landmass should look like. Despite not wanting a US shape, that's what I keep visualizing. I'm also afraid that if I change it, I can't have my Mediterranean climate zone. There is land to the east of the mountains, but I haven't decided what the terrain is, just that it's a post-war, magic WMD wracked wasteland. North is another nation, as is south.

I want to do something higher quality, but I can't figure out how to work Gimp and Autorealm, and something like this can be handled adequately with Paint, anyway.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Well, to get inspiration for diefferent landshapes, take a look at google earth... or at some other maps here on the forums!

As for the mediterranian climate: I don't think the landshape doesn't matter much. Especially if it's a fantasy map.

Guild Novice

I'll have a second map up tonight. I'm thinking of drawing inspiration from the Mediterranean for the shape.