Thread: First timer here, with my first finished world/overland map! (Photoshop)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map First timer here, with my first finished world/overland map! (Photoshop)

Hey dudes/dudettes, this is my very first post and it contains my very first serious attempt at mapmaking for my D&D campaign.

I made all kinds of newbie mistakes, namely starting too small and realizing too late; would have been really nice to be working at twice or three times the resolution I ended up with instead of struggling to make things legible and decent looking.

I painted everything pretty much 100% from scratch with my crappy second-hand Graphire tablet, excluding the trees (created with the INSANELY helpful "TreeThing" program by Ramah) and the compass rose (from Peter Rempel) as well as a few miscellaneous texture overlays found on the interwebs.

Anyway, enjoy and lemme know what you guys think! Any feedback is appreciated and will be kept in mind for the next inevitable revision!

Also, if you wanna check out the campaign this is for, peep the page at https://ancientechoes.obsidianportal...ikis/main-page !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW VALGARD MAP4.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	59944
    Last edited by Alexandre Lavigne; 12-26-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: fixed small issue on last version of map