Thread: Hello, greeting from Be

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hello, greeting from Be

Greeting from Belgium. I'm a avid roleplayer, mostly ending up in the GM chair. Hence my need for lots of setting maps. I use every technique at my disposal for game maps. I hand draw, using pencil, marker, copics, and acrylic ink. I import hand drawn into Photoshop for coloring. I make maps in Photoshop and CC3.

Often my maps are small, just illustrating a small, well detailed area. I make a full color version for the players, and a b/w copy for me.

Rpgs of choice: RuneQuest 6 and CoC

I'm a hobby photographer so have access to the latest bridge, lightroom and photoshop. I have cc3, dungeon designer, city designer, but it's not my favourite program, it makes me think of old cad programs. I often start on paper. I love the style of Erwin Raisz.

I'm quite handy at drawing building maps on paper, but love the versatility of
    PS when drawing nature maps: brush scattering, dynamics, they're wonderful tools.

I use an intuos pro medium for drawing.

All that being said, a map for me is a practical item, I don't make enough effort to make them look really stunning.

There, I think that's more than anyone ever wanted to know about me. I'm here to learn, have seen lovely things already while lurking.

Hi Rudy.

I am also new here, but would surely like to see some of your work.

Happy new year from my side.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Hey Maxicus,
    Happy new year from me as well! I'll try and upload some of the more recent maps, but don't expect artwork like some of the regulars here deliver. First I lack the refinement, talent and technique to achieve that level, and also, between making NPC, storyline, terrain, miniatures and keeping two blogs up to date, the time for making maps is limited. It's there, but it's limited.

Welcome to the Guild Rudy!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh