Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wip - traennoer

Max your opinion to me is the law. What do you suggest to make them more "natural"?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Assuming you don't have a graphic tablet, I'd say try to "draw" them with mouse using a very slightly soft edges round brush (that will avoid too pixellated look). Drawing them will give you more flexibility to give them some more natural look.

Unfortunately I do not have a tablet (but I'll have that soon) so I do everything with the mouse. I try now to refine the edges as you suggested.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Yes, you can easily make them jagged and more irregular, even with a mouse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project1a.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	60219 The progress so far, few ...but I hope at least are valid .... what do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project1_1a.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	60603 Hello to all. I was not satisfied with the previous work, and I tried to change some things. I reworked the north edge of the island and I think I will do the same for all other edges. I used another style for the mountains and the highland.
    But I have a difficulty in realizing the forests .... you have advice for me? and also if you have some advice about what I have done until now I will be happy to hear them.

What software are you using, Valderan? If you're using Photoshop, there's a slightly cheat-y way I know to get jagged edges with mostly perfect lines around them. Make a new layer, go around the edges of your landmasses with the lasso tool (standard lasso tool, not the polygonal or magnetic lasso) with rough movements to make the coastline look more natural, then once you've got a selection of all your land, fill it with one colour and double-click the layer. The layer styles box will come up; click to 'Outer Glow' and set the colour to black, and play with the settings until you have an outline you like. Once you've done that, you can alter the coast on the layer however you like, and you'll still have a clean black outline around it.

Hi HereBeLions, thanks for the advice that you gave me, I try now to change the borders as you suggested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12